Competition Make Up 2019
I am going to try to make the make-up application process as simple and uniform as possible!
- Apply foundation all over face
- Apply blush (bronzer color) to cheek bones, make sure to apply heavily so that we can see it from stage!
Now To The Eyes:
For Mini Mini & Mini Rockettes:
- Apply black eyeliner (liquid preferred) to top and bottom lids, continuing out to make a small upward wing. Apply black mascara to top and bottom lashes. Then apply a light colored eyeshadow to entire eyelid, all the way up to the eye brow.
For all other dancers:
- First apply eyeshadow primer to lid from lashes to eyebrow. This will help keep the eye makeup from bleeding.
- Apply white color eye shadow to entire lid making sure to cover all eyeshadow primer.
- Apply light coat of dark gray color shadow to the outside half (vertical) of the lid from the lashes to the crease.
- Use the purple color to create a “V” shape along the outside half of crease and lashes.
- Go back with white shadow and emphasize brow line and inner corner (by nose) of eye.
- After applying eyeshadow, apply black liquid eyeliner to top and bottom lids continuing out past eye into small upward wing.
- Apply fake eyelashes. Start at the outside of the eye and make sure they are not too long!
And then to finish the look with the lips! You will be notified per class what color is needed.
Photos of the “Competition Hair”
- Part hair in the middle
- Braid straight back from the middle of the eyebrow
- Two French braids all the way down, finish the braid
- Wrap the two pieces together to make a braided low bun as seen in picture. Use ponytails and bobby pins to secure.
- Use products such as gel or mouse before braiding to keep hair tight and avoid fly-aways. Hairspray after.