The Christmas shows have been scheduled! We have divided most classes into four groups. Each group will perform at two nursing homes. The nursing homes, dates, and times are listed on the next page according to each group.
PARENTS ATTENTION PLEASE: The nursing homes are not equipped for mass visitation and their parking and residential areas do not always lend themselves to large groups. Please be cognizant that when attending, we need to limit the possibility of conflicting with the space limitations that the homes are under. Please limit the number of people that attend with you. Also, please remember that we perform at these nursing homes for the residents. While we hope you get to see your child dance, we must stress that all families of the dancers stay behind the residents. We are told every year that our Christmas shows are the highlight of so many of the residents’ year, and we hope to keep it that way. In the Christmas spirit, please help us make this an enjoyable experience for the residents. You may want to encourage grandparents to skip these shows, and wait to see the recital in June. Also, the nursing homes are limited on parking areas. Please do not park in spots that are not marked as parking spots, and please do not double park causing issues for others who are parked.
TIME: Please don’t arrive too early. The nursing homes were not designed to accommodate a large group of people. We will be performing in the dining room, and sometimes have to wait until the rooms are cleared from dinner before we can enter. Therefore there won’t be much room to wait. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the show is to start, and line up in the hallway according to class (posted on the nursing home wall). Please note that all of the evening shows begin at 7:00. They will last 30-40 minutes.
SLIPPERY FLOORS: The floors are always slippery for those classes wearing tap shoes. Please put a small amount of masking or duck tape on the bottom of each tap shoe.
COSTUMES: Please see your teacher for costume details.
DIRECTIONS: Directions to the nursing homes are on the attached page.
CLASSES: There will be NO classes the week of the Christmas shows.
The Christmas shows count as classes, and December tuition is regular price.
|Monday 4 :15 Ms. Sharon||*||Wednesday 4:30 Ms. Kierstin||A|
|Monday 4 :15 Ms. Holly||C||Wednesday 5:15 Ms. Holly||A|
|Monday 5 :00 Ms. Holly||B||Wednesday 5:30 Ms. Brianna||A|
|Monday 6 :30 Ms. Holly/Ms. Hannah||D||Wednesday 5:45 Ms. Star||A|
|Monday 6 :30 Ms. Sydney||D||Wednesday 6:15 Ms. Star/Maddie||B|
|Tuesday 3 :30 Ms. Sharon/Kenzie||C||Wednesday 6:15 Ms. Shelby||B|
|Tuesday 4:00 Ms. Lauren||**||Wednesday 6:30 Ms. Holly||B|
|Tuesday 4:15 Ms. Sharon/Holly||B||Wednesday 7:15 Ms. Shelby||C|
|Tuesday 4 :30 Ms. Maddie||D||Thursday 4:30 Ms. Kaylee||A|
|Tuesday 5:15 Ms. Sharon/Kaylee||**||Thursday 5:15 Ms. Brianna||D|
|Tuesday 6:15 Ms. Heather||D||Thursday 5:30 Ms. Maddie||D|
|Tuesday 6:15 Ms. Holly||C||Thursday 5:45 Ms. Kaylee||D|
|Tuesday 7:00 Ms. Madison/Hailey||C||Thursday 6:15 Ms. Hannah||D|
|Tuesday 8:30 Ms. Kaylee/Hannah||**||Thursday 6:30 Ms. Sharon||*|
|Tuesday 8:15 SC TAPS||***||Thursday 7:15 Ms. Katie/Heather||B|
* Mon. 4:15 SC will dance at Atria Blankenbaker, Atria Stony Brook, Morning Pointe, Springhurst Pines, Signature, Jeffersontown Rehab, and Forest Hills Commons
* Thurs. 6:30 will dance at Atria Blankenbaker, Glen Ridge, Morning Pointe, Springhurst Pines, Signature, Jeffersontown Rehab, and Forest Hills Commons
** Tues. 4:00 LH will dance at Glen Ridge, Morning Pointe, Signature, Jeffersontown Rehab, and Forest Hills Commons
** Tues. 5:15 SC will dance at Atria Blankenbaker, Glen Ridge, Springhurst Pines, and Jeffersontown Rehab
** Tues. 8:30 KLC will dance at Morning Pointe, Atria Stony Brook, Signature, and Forest Hills Commons
*** Tues. 8:15 SC will dance at Morning Pointe, Signature, and Jeffersontown Rehab
- Atria Blankenbaker – (901 Blankenbaker Pkwy) (Used to be Brookdale)
From the studio, go east on Plantside Drive toward Watterson Trail. Turn left on Watterson Trail. Go 2 miles and turn right on Blankenbaker, or take Blankenbaker past I 64 and Ellingsworth Lane. (The dining area, where the performance will be, is in the ‘Personal Care’ section. It is the building on the right directly behind the bank on Blankenbaker. You may park at any available spot even if it says reserved.)
Date: Saturday, December 14th
- Forest Hills Commons- (9107 Taylorsville Rd) From the Taylorsville Rd- Hurstbourne Pkwy intersection: go south on Taylorsville Rd (towards J-town) and Forrest Hills Commons is immediately located on your left.
Date: Thursday December 19th
- Morning Pointe– (4711 S Hurstbourne Pkwy) From the Taylorsville Rd- Hurstbourne Pkwy intersection: go south on Hurstbourne Pkwy, through the light at Watterson Trl. Morning Pointe will be on your left (by Down Syndrome of Louisville). If you get to Bardstown Rd you have gone too far!
Date: Saturday December 14th
- Springhurst Pines (3001 N Hurstbourne Parkway)
Take Hurstbourne Parkway north and Springhurst Pines will be on your right just past Westport Road.
Date: Monday, December 16th
- Glen Ridge Health Campus (6415 Calm River Way) Take Billtown Road towards I265 (Gene Snyder). Turn left on Weather Vane Drive. Turn right on Calm River Way. Glen Ridge is on the left side. PLEASE NOTE: THIS FACILITY HAS A SMALL VIEWING AREA. THEY WERE CONCERNED ONE YEAR BECAUSE HALLWAYS WERE BLOCKED. PLEASE BE CONSERVATIVE IN ATTENDANCE DUE TO THEIR CONCERNS. ALSO, THE FACILITY ASKED THAT YOU NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES OF THE RESIDENTS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
Date: Saturday, December 14th
- Jeffersontown Rehab (formerly Good Samaritan) (3500 Good Samaritan Way) From the Taylorsville Rd-Hurstbourne Pkwy intersection: go south on Taylorsville Rd (toward J’town) and turn left on Watterson Trail (toward J’town library). Turn left on either Good Samaritan Way or Bluebird Lane. Parking is accessible from both streets.
Date: Wednesday, December 18th
- Atria Stony Brook– (3451 S Hurstbourne Pkwy) From the Taylorsville Rd- Hurstbourne Pkwy intersection: go south on Hurstbourne (towards the cinemas), travel through the lights at Kroger & Stony Brook. The next light is Six Mile, go through the light and Atria will be located immediately on your left. You can turn at the light at Sonic and get to the Atria along the backside of the small business strip.
Date: Saturday, December 14th
- Signature East – (2529 Six Mile Lane) (Used to be Meadows East) From Hurstbourne and Taylorsville Rd intersection: go south on Taylorsville Rd. Turn right onto Six Mile Lane (just past the Stonybrook Kroger). Signature is on the left, inside the first curve. PLEASE NOTE: THIS FACILITY HAS A VERY SMALL PARKING LOT. THERE IS PARKING AT THE CORNER OF TAYLORSVILLE ROAD AND SIX MILE LANE IN THE LUTHERAN CHURCH PARKING LOT. IT IS JUST A SHORT WALK FROM THERE TO THE FACILITY.
Date: Tuesday, December 17th